|Hot or cold these simple soups are yummy!|
that one of their clients sips cold soup
throughout the day. Great idea!
combinations of veggies and flavors using the
Elmore "So Easy Soup" way. It makes a cute
little appetizer in vodka shot glasses
(I thought they were small vases when I bought them - ha!). These soups are simple,
quick, and if you have some left over after lunch - it's a great pick-me-up late in the warm afternoon.
1. Choose your main vegetable(s).
2. Select either beans or cauliflower if you want a thicker consistency. Pick onions, shallots, or both for flavor.
3. If you wish, add some herbs for seasoning
|White beans, peas, onions, and mint|
|Red pepper, tomato, shallot,and basil|
|Carrots, cauliflower, onion, and dill|
4. Pour enough chicken broth to cover, heat to boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer until the ingredients are soft.
|Yellow Pepper, onions, and shallot|
|Celery, cauliflower, and onions|
4. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or food processor. Strain if you desire.
5. Serve hot or cold. Either way, these soups are delicious with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprig of herb.